THE MYSTIC DISCOVERIES PODCAST
Emily talks to Amanda Bradley from The Mystic Discoveries podcast about Alamandria, Art and Spirituality.
In this interview Amanda asks Emily to give some background to the impulses, key moments and events that have shaped her life and who she is. Emily describes the formative aspects of her personal, artistic and professional life and how these have been shaped and informed by her spiritual striving; of finding Anthroposophy, the works of Rudolf Steiner, and her co-founding of Alamandria – The Art of Self-Mastery, Mindfulness and Meditation.
Haere Mai Friends and welcome back to The Mystic Discoveries podcast.
In this episode I interviewed the kiwi artist, designer and mediation workshop facilitator Emily Fletcher. Emily is the creator of the recent exhibition, Roses of the Soul and co-creator of Alamandria ‘…a social initiative through which meditation, artistic process and aesthetic experiences are used as a means to relieve the stress and challenges of daily life to awaken personal insight’.
Emily starts us off with a particularly beautiful verse from our buddy Rudolf Steiner, then we get into it!
By golly what an enlivening and interesting conversation. We delve into……
- Emily’s upbringing and early life
- Her spiritual path and how she came across it
- Her artistic process
- Bringing spirit into a public space as an artist
- The spiritual nature of colour
- The transformative and healing aspects of art
- How Alamandria was founded and what they do
- Meditation and cultivating your inner meditative life
- Working with staff at the Mary Potter hospice and men in Rimutaka prison
- Also a little chat about why the 6 basic exercises are so rad, and their potential.